Weight Loss Counselor Resume
With people becoming concerned about their body weight, a career as a weight loss counselor is sure to stay for a long time. Though no particular set of qualification is required to follow this profession, a degree in psychology, nutrition or health would do wonder in the job search. You may either work for a gym, hospital or be self-employed once you gain experience and build a decent client base.
Applying for a job
Preparing an impressive profile document is a pre-requisite for any job application and it is true for a weight loss counselor job too. Displaying relevant information in the right manner is necessitated. Unnecessary jargon needs to be avoided. Provided below is a perfect sample weight loss counselor resume for your reference.
Weight Loss Counselor Resume Example
257 Garfield Ave, London,
OH 43140, United States
To achieve a weight loss counselor position with a recognized organization where my knowledge of nutrition and human psychology can help clients gain and maintain weight according to their body mass index.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Thorough knowledge of food service practices, nutritional values and correct diet management
- Comprehensive knowledge regarding the metabolism functions and electrolyte balances
- Familiar with fundamentals and practices in the field of nutritional care and counseling
- In depth knowledge of bariatric surgery
- Proven ability in operating Microsoft Office programs
Dr. Holding's Counseling, London
June 2013 - Present
Weight Loss Counselor
- Assessed nutritional needs of clients and planned a well balanced diet as per their age and profession
- Prepared an exercise schedule for patients taking into consideration their physical limitations
- Monitored changes in blood pressure
- Provide counseling to patient's families for follow up of eating plans, intake adjustments; provided cooking tips as well
Sweetheart Health Club, London
January 2010 - May 2013
Weight Loss Counselor
- Assisted treating doctors in deciding the need of bariatric surgery
- Inspect and facilitate the individual health improvement
- Conducted one on one counseling sessions for clients and explained them the changes made in diet after surgery
- Arranged campaigns in order to promote awareness of fitness and taught how to calculate body mass index
- Delivered lectures on weekends for college students on " Sound Mind in a Sound Body"
Bachelor's degree in Health Nutrition Science, Ohio University