Cognos Report Developer Resume
Cognos report developers, as the name suggests, are responsible for generating reports from organizational databases using Cognos based applications. These developers work on different database management systems to retrieve information and generate reports accordingly.
Applying for a job
While applying for such positions, your profile document needs to strongly focus on technical skills, as the profession is totally technology driven. Your prior work experience also counts as it gives a fair idea to the reader regarding your familiarity and level of expertise with cognos report development. The key is to keep it simple and precise.
If you still have any doubts or you need further explanation, read the sample cognos report developer resume provided below.
Cognos Report Developer Resume Example
229, Greenland County, North Road
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 20551
To work as a cognos report developer in a renowned organization on basis of vast knowledge and experience in cognos report development along with a Master's degree in Software engineering.
Technical and Personal Skills:
- Proficient with the most recent versions of Cognos and associated applications used in generating reports for different organizational requirements
- Worked on all database management applications and executed retrieval of complex database effectively
- Excellent troubleshooting, debugging and problem solving skills
- Can handle multiple projects simultaneously and effectively
- Excellent communication, coordination and leadership skills
- Willing to learn new technologies and applications
- Passionate to create a winning association with organization and colleagues through consistent hard work
Cognos Report Developer
Carmel Business Solutions, Oklahoma
May 2013 - Present
Jon functions and responsibilities:
- Determining process requirements and developing applications accordingly
- Writing SQL queries to define search strings and pattern to retrieve specific data from the database
- Integrating database into uniform format to ensure ease of access to end users
- Providing support through different components of Cognos reporting tool to generate additional reports
- Communicating with database developers and other personnel involved in the process to ensure smooth flow of the project
- Performing routine reviews and documenting results and technical errors arising during the functioning of application
Cognos Report Developer
Vito Technologies, Oklahoma
August 2010 - April 2013
Job functions and responsibilities:
- Developed schedules and feature specifications for different projects
- Implemented custom features into the application to enable report generation according to departmental functions
- Diagnosed and resolved errors occurring with new applications
- Implemented security features and features that enabled automated logging as and when a report is generated
- Renovated existing applications and ensured that they support different database formats
Academic Qualifications and Certifications:
- Degree: Master's Degree in Software Engineering,
Central Oklahoma Technical University
Will be furnished upon request.