Marine Geotechnical Engineer Resume
Marine geotechnical engineers provide analysis, investigation, design, and construction services for geotechnical, transportation, water resources, mining, and environmental projects for marine systems. The profile also demands conducting engineering calculations, preparing drawings and technical specifications, material quantity calculations and cost estimates. In addition to this, these professionals have the responsibility of supervising construction management, operations, maintenance and decommissioning of marine systems.
Applying for a job
For job applicants, drafting a unique profile document is a big part of getting interview calls. It is essential to make this document clear, concise and professional. To communicate your ideas clearly without skipping vital information, you need to include sections such as career objective, relevant skills, work experience and educational qualifications. The sample marine geotechnical engineer resume rendered below is a fine example to help you.
Marine Geotechnical Engineer Resume Example
251 N. Main Street, Cedarville, OH
Mail ID: email@example.com
Seeking a responsible position as a marine geotechnical engineer in a renowned organization on basis of extensive knowledge about geotechnical analysis, calculations and field investigations.
- Thorough knowledge in geotechnical analysis, including analysis of slope stability, stress analysis of soils and embankments, bearing capacity, foundation settlement, and liquefaction
- Well exposed to calculations which include both manual calculations and computer modeling
- Sound knowledge of AutoCAD, LiquefyPro, and Microsoft Applications
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear and concise manner
- In-depth knowledge of slope stability, retaining walls, and deep foundations
- Well exposed to field investigations, laboratory work
Exxon Corporation, Ohio
Marine Geotechnical Engineer
March 2013 to Present
- Responsible for developing laboratory testing and characterizing materials
- Conducting field investigations, including geotechnical drilling and sampling, environmental sampling; conducting analysis of marine systems
- Assisting in preparation of technical memorandum and reports.
- Preparing and making presentations on technical subjects related to marine design
- Assigning tasks of providing guidance in areas of construction methodology and designing marine works
- Coordinating with construction experts and structural engineers to identify and solve risks
Junior Marine Geotechnical Engineer
January 2010 to February 2013
- Responsible for designing industrial facility site, ports and marine facilities
- Performed responsibilities of analyzing landslide and slope stability as well as designing of mitigation
- Communicated and interacted effectively with project managers, other team engineers and project staff
- Responsible for managing, performing analysis and carrying out geotechnical reporting for projects like earthworks, foundations, ground improvement and development of marine systems
- Identifying and eliminating high priority safety hazards
- Responsible for drilling, soil classification, rock coring, well installation and sampling; construction quality assurance; preparation of calculations and reports
- Performed tasks of monitoring and evaluating tasks carried out by freshers
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Ohio University