Accounting Administrative Assistant Job Description
The accounting administrative assistant responsibilities include supervising the accounting, administrative and auditing duties for management and handling the daily tasks and activities. The accounting administrative assistant offers help and support to the accounts section of a company. Before joining the firm as an accounts administrative assistant, he requires official education preparation in accounts, clerical services and communications.
The daily activities of an accounting administrative assistant include answering the phone calls, submitting files and project reports, faxing, helping the clients, directing the assignments and the office schedule everyday. Working on some particular projects, supervising the office and the other staff members are some of the responsibilities of the accounting administrative assistant. He also fixes the checks and makes the budgets. He has the following key responsibilities:
Responsibilities Of Accounting Administrative Assistant
- Computing the billing statements, setting up and submitting tax forms
- Writing the documents and arranging and collecting the fiscal records
- Supervising the records of the stock list and assisting the account managers by making program spreadsheets, organizing funds and grooming the new employees
- Dealing with the inside fiscal state of the organization, so that the correct and exact fiscal records are maintained in compliance with all the government policies and the rules and regulations of accounting
- Helping the general public, employees and the clients with the activities related to accounting
- Running the accounts payable for payment and offering services related to the work force, including activating the new employees
- Processing the benefits and performing the other employee related duties and jobs
- Performing the job of a clerk, related to the utilities, as and when required
- Processing the requisitions, receipts and the other important accounting activities that fall under his jurisdiction
- Maintaining accounts equilibrium on the computers and setting up the brief report of the balances, expenditure data and the other details that are needed in the formulation of the fiscal documents
- Setting up the paysheet and compensation for the unemployed people
- Helping in managing the risks of a company and supervising the salary and the categorization systems
- Helping the fiscal and managing director in supervising the security and the welfare programs of the city
- Acting as a connecting agent between the company, the outside accountants and the government to achieve the information requirements
- Assuring the company that proper data is being held by him for requirements related to history
- Providing training to the other employees and assessing their performance in order to improve their quality and quantity of work
- Presenting the matters related to the performance of the employees and bringing accolades for the activities of the organization
- Setting up the personal budget for appproval and recommending its operation
- Monitoring the expenses for agreeing to the budgets
- Assuring appropriate payment for the employees
- Administrating all the payable accounts within the organization
- Administering the accounts for inside and outside clients
- Assuring that the papers in support of cost activities are delivered accurately at the right time and are executed in a proper payment
- Administrating cross remark activities and favouring accounts that are billable
- Producing codifications for the dealings of all the payable and receivable accounts and applying procedures that will work as per the policies of the company
- Administering the work tasks of all the employees in the department of accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Conducting researches related to the payments and the vendors
- Managing the presentation of the month end data and the conclusion of the fiscal records monthly
- Entering condition change data into projects accounts software to assure the company that the information given about the employees is correct and updated
Qualifications Required For Accounting Administrative Assistant
The candidate must have a bachelor's degree in commerce or the same in a related field like accounting or finance. He should have strong analytical skills and should carry out his functions very effectively. He should be well acquainted with softwares and accounting. He should also have the ability to work under stress.
He works in a large organization for about 9 hours in a day on an average. He deals with numbers and figures all the time and remains busy on the phone for solving the queries of the customers.
He earns around USD 45,000 per annum on an average. But this may vary from plae to place depending on the size of the company.
Thus, the accounting administrative assistant responsibilities include supervising or administrating the accounts department and helping his manager do his work even more effectively.