Accounting Clerk Supervisor Responsibilities
An accounting clerk supervisor is the one who oversees or supervises the activities of the accounting clerk. These activities include accounts payables, recievables, book keeping and basic general ledger of a company.
He works in a large accounting firm, where a lot of accounting tasks are undertaken regularly. He administers and ensures that all the financial records are up to date and that the taxes are paid properly and on time.
The accounting clerk supervisor responsibilities include administrating all the accounting functions, so that they are completed on time, accurately and with agreement to all the state and federal rules applicable.
His key responsibilities are:
- Managing files and stock list control
- Overseeing the negociation of client account aggregation or accounts recievable
- Superintending the buying needs and cost accounting
- Ensuring that the accounting clerk has written the accounts payable and adaptive bank statements
- Directing invoices and checks for signature
- Supervising the training of elementary accounting skills to the accounting clerk
- Managing the preparation of pay rolls and checks
- Directing employee handling and client accounts recievable
- Ensuring that data has been added to the sales journals
- Administering the report results with the location manager
- Overseeing the investigation or examination of the daily sales reports conferred by the location management
- Administrating the execution of specific and general projects and assignments as required
- Administering the safety of the work area and keeping it neat, well managed and maintained
- Managing the participation and attendance of the accounting clerk in the meetings as needed
- Ensuring that the area manager is kept updated about the important issues in the company
- Dealing with the aid of the employees in the accounts department
- Ensuring and handling the verbal communication of the accounting clerk with the other departments to impart and acquire data and correcting proceedings
- Guiding the research and administering solutions to the problems of accounting, documentation and disagreements
- Overseeing the set up of recquisitions for computer, office and regular unfixed quantity purchases
- Managing the introduction of checks and invoices into envelopes for coding
- Administrating the print of regular owed accounts checks
- Administering the attachment of the daily worksheets to the general ledger scheme
- Handling and writing documents, records and reports
- Managing the maintenance of files, accounts payable documentation and other general things
- Administering the added details of business proceedings such as funds paid out and received and entire accounts using the calculator or computer
- Ensuring that the loading charges and belongings are properly recorded and computed
- Dealing with the collection of the documents and sorting them out
- Ensuring that the financial records for the company are brought out
- Checking the exact record of financial dealings to ensure that the statements have been updated and the fiscal records for exactness have been checked
- Managing the entire accounting process regarding the accounts of the clients
- Directing client payments and equalizing accounts
- Supervising the devising and arrangement of the reports for managers to assess
- Superintending and aiding a certified public accountant
- Leading the calculation of interest on debts, bank and credit reports or accounts
- Heading the written documents for those who have taken a loan
- Dealing with the clients to take payments or give refunds
- Directing the contact with the individuals who have accounts which are due
- Managing the audits before stating that the final computed figures are right
- Guiding the replies to the queries of the customers
The candidate should possess a bachelor's degree in commerce or in a related field. He should have supervisory expertise on hiring, training and mentoring accounting clerks. He should be well aware of the accounting methods and policies in accordance to the federal and state regulatory compliance. Having expertise on auditing/accounting and a master's degree in commerce or accounts would be an asset.
Working 9 hours a day is required. Sometimes, he might have to work overtime also.
The average salary is USD 41,439 per annum. However, it can range from one place to another depending on the size of the organization where he works.
Thus, the accounting clerk supervisor responsibilities include monitoring and balancing accounting reports and making recommendations to enhance the procedures and schemes.