Accounting Manager Responsibilities
The accounting manager responsibilities include executing a mixture of responsibilities and duties focused at carrying off the customer relations, as well as coming up with fresh business from active customers. In a majority of situations, a business development administrator actively looks for new customers.
The account manager takes over, once the customer comes onboard. He does a wide range of jobs in the fields of fiscal services, advertising and mass media. The account manager is remunerated specifically with a basic salary including a committee established on the magnitude of revenue made in the bulk sales roles.
He has the following key responsibilities:
- Conversing with the customers as the representative of the company
- Leaving an optimistic customer service experience
- Understanding the individual requirements of the customers
- Supervising the customers to the suitable product or service
- Negotiating the prospects of the customers
- Sorting out difficult technical situations during the disorders in the service delivery procedure
- Performing successful repeat business of his customers
- Surpassing or keeping a minimal sum of sales
- Gearing up different reports around the metrics of the sales department
- Presenting the documents of sales results to the management
- Administering the beginning of allotted areas to fulfill goals and targets
- Directing the accountants facing technical difficulties in professional accounting
- Superintending the activities of his juniors
- Managing, arranging, supervising and planning the activities of accounting functions
- Studying and delivering accounting documents, cost methods and controls
- Consulting accounting literature books to make changes in the accounting policies and regulations
- Offering cost visibility and direction to the officers of the university
- Fixing particular accounting reports which may be very complicated in nature
- Supervising the study of complex nature for management
- Providing oral and written training to all the accountants working under him
- Studying complex reports and accounting data to crack the same
- Translating data and beginning the activities that should be undertaken
- Recognizing new customers and scopes for business to influence them to start business with the company
- Keeping the records of sales dealings and purchase goods
- Ensuring that work is properly distributed and executed in a proper way at the right time
- Ensuring the timely reporting of financial business documents
- Helping the controller in the requirements of daily banking
- Aiding forecasting and budget activities
- Assisting the controller to bring about a clean and timely year end audit
- Helping the execution of new methods and features to improve the department's workflow
- Overseeing personal matters like staff conflicts and matters related to performance
- Observing the advancement in order to improve the paid development of staff
Qualifications and Skills
The candidate needs to have a bachelor's degree in commerce with majors in accounting. A master's degree would be apt for the position of an accounting manager. An MBA in finance would be the perfect qualification needed for this post. He should have five to seven years of experience in the administration of financial reporting area. Somebody working in a law firm can also apply for this post. He should be thoroughly acquainted with Excel, Access and Word. Strong verbal, customer care and written communication skills are also needed. He should be able to work under stress and meet the targets. He should be able to work on many projects simultaneously. At last, but not the least, he should have a sound mind and body.
He works in an office for 40 hours a week on an average. He might also have to work 50 hours or more a week during the tax season.
He earns USD 65,900 per annum on an average.
Thus, the accounting manager responsibilities include keeping track of the company's money and also managing the reports, so that they are accurate and timely.