Accounting System Analyst Job Description
The accounting system analyst responsibilities include the system technical administration and management of the financial records and financial accounts regularly. Making technical analytical reports that are complicated and verifying all the records to ensure that they are up to date and stored properly are done by him. Each system accounts record is personally retained with him and analyzed by him. He investigates the contents of the accounting systems and examines them.
He supervises the fiscal experts and aids them in analyzing complex accounting systems of the company. The accounting system analyst examines the financial growth of the firm from the technical point of view and assesses its progression and also administrates the fiscal records day by day. He examines all the projects, pinpoints the problems, and comes out with suitable solutions. He is responsible for supervising the technical system sides of the projects.
He also has the following other key responsibilities:
Key Responsibilities of Accounting System Analyst
- Working with the IT staff to develop the fiscal reports of the firm that are related to the management staff
- Using the management reports for future references as records
- Experimenting and putting the application modifications into effect
- Technically supervising all the accounting analysis company officers working as his subordinates
- Applying his system knowledge to enhance the already existing fiscal schemes and putting the enhanced fiscal system features into effect in order to produce efficient work force
- Analyzing, matching, and cross examining the bills and accounts
- Supervising and directing most of the aspects of the accounts system
- Making the team leaders, management, and the employees of the various sectors follow the lawful system rules, regulations, and standards
- Dealing with the system's technical processing of the fiscal data as well as scheduling the activities at the end of the year
- Ensuring that all the different kinds of fiscal records, the fiscal statements, and the taxes are being paid regularly and on time
- Analyzing complicated information and describing as to what can be done with it
- Providing advice to the clients on matters like the employee health care welfare and compensation
- Making the work of the other subordinates easy and assisting them from time to time regarding anything related to accounts systems
- Providing inside and outside accounts services for individuals or businesses
- Scrutinizing and holding the documented records of the government agencies
- Developing, holding, and studying the budgets that produce cyclic reports, comparing exact costs with the fund costs
- Documenting the latest accounting system updates of the company in order to present it to the other sectors of the company and keep them updated
- Working on various computer technical softwares in order to develop or change the accounts systems
- Ensuring that all the procedures, rules and regulations of the company are followed by everyone
- Understanding the fiscal growth of the company and presenting reports on the same to the management
- Conducting polls to know the accounting needs and advising the management on what needs to be done in order to maintain a stable business growth
- Keeping and storing the fiscal records of the company regarding the management of statistical information available
- Coming out with the new strategies of profit investments and directing the accounts of the properties
- Standing for the customers before the taxing authorities with regard to fiscal matters
- Studying the income that has been brought forth by the company and developing new ways of accounting systems to ensure stable business growth of the company
- Helping the new comers in the organization and arranging accounting system training modules for them, so that they can learn accounts analysis and its various aspects
- Taking care of some of the jobs regarding the management and administration of the company
- Obeying the existing policies of the company and modifying the accounts systems of the company to ensure profits
- Working with the other departments and the management within the organization
Qualifications and Skills Required
The candidate needs to have a bachelor's degree of four years in accounts, business administration, or in a related field. Having a master's degree in accounting or business administration would help him rise a lot in his career. He should be familiar with the general accounting practices and the accounting methods and policies of a company. He should have the ability to work under stress and perform multiple tasks simultaneously. Having good communication skills is very important.
A well qualified accounting system analyst works in a large accounting firm with intranet and software applications installed in the computers. He deals with figures and various accounting systems most of the times. At times, he has to meet the targets set by the company, because of which he might have to work overtime. This is quite a stressful job.
He draws an average salary of around USD 96,000. But this may also vary from one company to the other depending on the size of the organization.
Thus, the accounting system analyst responsibilities include organizing, scrutinizing, and studying the accounting records and the other fiscal reports in agreement with the other standard methods of the accounting company.