Accounts Payable Representative Responsibilities
The accounts payable representative responsibilities include transcripting, calculating and separating numerical information to ensure that the fiscal records are complete. Performing daily calculations, confirming duties and placing up notices to acquire primary fiscal information for use in holding accounting records are done by an accounts payable representative.
He checks whether the figures are correct, calculates and posts notices related to the business deals recorded by the other employees. This job comes within the wider career category of book keeping, method of accounting and auditing clerks. He also has the following key responsibilities:
- Comparing cost orders with invoices to determine if they match, researching on invoices and cost processing
- Paying attention to the inside information and following up regularly
- Using 10 key calculators, computers, copy machines and type writers to figure out calculations and bringing forth well written papers
- Doing general duties of the office such as answering the queries of the clients on the phone, submitting entries and managing daily agreements
- Checking the written papers, the documents hung up and the figures for correct entries
- Ensuring that proper mathematics has been used and the codes have been followed in the right way
- Transcripting, studying the data and holding on to the same by working on the computers consisting accounts software
- Agreeing with the terms and conditions of the company and following its methods, rules and regulations
- Separating the fiscal and numerical information in order to collect and maintain the records related to fiscal policies using journals and ledgers and computers
- Summing up the fiscal data to manage and maintain financial records
- Answering the general questions of the clients and answering the queries related to some of the particular accounts by gaining access to fiscal data
- Summing up the total accounts and providing entry to the debits and credits on the computer databases and spreadsheets with the help of a particular kind of software
- Noting down and reporting the invariance seen in the records
- Collecting the reports of mathematical, accounting system, fiscal and auditing nature related to issues like accounts due and owed, expenses, reciepts of the cash and profits and losses
- Setting up the written papers as per the procedures and policies of the company
- Comparing the invoices to the order forms and taking any important data into consideration
- Transcripting and acquiring the checks and vouchers of the bank
- Setting, scheming and supplying invoices, official documents, fiscal and the contents related to accounts as per the rules and regulations of the company
- Matching hand-operated periodicals with the computer print outs
- Fixing the deposits of the bank by collecting information from the bank clerks, confirming and equalizing reciepts and sending cheques, cash and other kinds of payment to the banks
- Observing and managing loan and account conditions to assure that the payments are updated
- Equalizing the records of the various bank deals
- Collecting information and written papers on the funds of the company depending on the measurement of revenues, expenditures and the former budgets
- Working on checks for substitutes, other payments and levy
- Setting up acquisition orders and cost reports
- Conveying inside information from segregated journals to general ledgers
- Setting up legal proceeding equilibrium of books and fixing and processing payroll data
- Doing and utilizing the fiscal evaluations and executing and presenting the written papers of the government
- Operating individual bookkeeping work and keeping the records of the stock list
- Deducing from social safety levies and financial gain and computing the costs of materials
- Computing the operating cost and other expenses depending on the citations, approximation and price lists
Qualifications and Skills Required
The candidate must have a bachelor's degree in commerce with majors in accounts. Having a master's dgree in commerce or business administration would be an asset for this position. Apart from this, he should have 3-5 years of experience in an accounts payable firm. Having good communication skills and a need to attain excellence will take him to places. At last, but not the least, he should have a sound mind and body.
He works in an office or an organization. He works for about 9 hours a day on an average. His job requires attention and is little stressful.
He gets a salary of US 27,000 to 29,000 per annum on an average. But this may vary depending on the size of the organization and from one place to another.
Thus, the accounts payable representative responsibilities include administrating the accounts payable and updating the invoices with suitable data.