Accounts Receivable Clerk Job Description
Accounts receivable clerk responsibilities include working for the company's inflowing money and managing the finance and the private data that he gets acquainted with. He works in a big company and trails the money flow. He is more typical than the usual book keeper and executes fiscal, employee, and administrative work in the office. He also stations the deals and computes the interest and the sum total value.
He remains very busy with figures all the time and keeps a line of incoming obligations and payments. He also handles wider responsibilities for accounts and data when the situation arises. He indulges in billing and keeps a line of the money owed. He interacts with the customers and administers their files. He also has the following key responsibilities:
Accounts Receivable Clerk Responsibilities
- Setting up the bank deposits and also assuring that the system of billing has been updated
- Running the equipments in the office like the xerox and the fax machines
- Handling a 10 key calculator and ensuring that the payment of the accounts has been done correctly, timely, and effectively
- Administrating the billing system
- Reviewing, assembling, and assigning payments
- Executing the charging, covering, and assembling activities as per the deadlines of the company
- Adapting the accounts and observing the inside information of the client accounts for held up payments, non payments, and other such abnormalities
- Administrating the files of the accounts receivable clients
- Complying with the existing procedures and methods for receipts and cash processing
- Abiding by the rules and regulations of the company and obeying all the policies of the company
- Setting up the deposits of the bank and researching and figuring out the answers to the queries of the customers
- Acclimatizing with the existing processes and throwing a recovery scheme
- Starting collection efforts and interacting with the customers over the phone, via e mails, and individually
- Compensating for the services regarding patient care and bringing about the billing of payer forms at the correct time
- Closing the month end records on accurate time and going by the existing methods of reporting
- Maintaining the equilibrium of numbers or figures and keeping the right and exact information
- Interacting with the sellers, the agencies connected to the government, and the families
- Remaining present and taking part in the meetings of choice enhancement and facility
- Taking advantage of the befitting scopes of education and respecting the rights, personal identity, and pride of the occupants
- Taking care of and using the occupant and the facility features in an honest and sincere way
- Executing his responsibilities within the given time and doing other duties, as and when required
- Doing book keeping work and administrating the trust accounts of the customers and the payment turn arounds
- Developing automatic programs and posting fiscal and administration reports on a monthly basis
- Helping in fiscal studies and administration and arranging files of ownership for a required period of time
- Holding files of ownership for a required period of time and updating the method manuals as and when needed
- Investigating unassigned cash and making use of accounts software package programs in the computer
- Keeping up the privacy of the issues related to the company and the customers
- Assembling and choosing the data and the written papers in order to prepare his reports for the management
- Taking care of the fiscal security by obeying the inside controls of the accounts
- Saving fiscal data by executing the back ups of the data base and aggregating the income by recollecting accounts that are overdue and warning the customers about the meagre costs
Qualifications Required For Accounts Receivable Clerk
The candidate must have a graduate degree in accounts, maths, commerce, or in a related field. Having a master's degree in business administration or commerce would prove to be an asset for this position. He needs to have good analytical and communication skills. He should be fast and attentive. Having a sound body and mind is nevertheless, the most important need.
He works in the office for 8-9 hours a day on an average and deals with multiple numbers throughout the day.
He gets a salary of around USD 30,000 per annum. But this varies from one place to another and also depends on the size of the organization.
Thus, the accounts receivable clerk responsibilities include rendering clerical, administrative, and fiscal services to assure effective and timely payment of accounts under him.