Freight Analyst Responsibilities
The freight analyst is chiefly responsible for executing research on the third party shipments and determining the divergences of the freight. He is required to originate the provider freight decrements on the unmanageable shipment costs. He also plays an important role in supplying the freight reports to the merchandising unit. It is expected of him to prepare an investigation of the freight information for promotional purposes.
Job Responsibilities of a Freight Analyst
A freight analyst is required to carry out numerous duties. They are as follows:
Other Responsibilities of a Freight Analyst
- The freight analyst is needed to look after the sustenance of the freight bearer within a particular structure arranged by the organization. He is even required to organize the travel plan and the charge per unit of the freight
- He takes the responsibility of investigating the important cost forces of the organization
- He needs to prepare the progress reports of the freights scheduled by the organization. One of the main reports that he is required to create is the monthly KPI report. The KPI report provides a detailed statement about the performance of the organization in different areas of its working
- The other important reports that he is expected to organize are the reports on the accessory monetary values, fuel charges, and overall expenditure of freights of the organization
- He is required to mention the cost of the fuel over and above the actual cost of the freight in the 'fuel charge' report. This helps the hauler to refund the extra charges that might have incurred during the execution of the freights
- He does the work of calculating the charges that are excluding the normal freight costs. These charges may include storage charges, internal transportation charges, waiting time charges, etc.
- He is needed to undertake the task of performing appropriate reconciliation of the traveling costs. He is also needed to ensure an ideal equalization of the freight adjustments
- He holds the responsibility of discovering and applying unique cost efficiency strategies and techniques that are related to the performance of freights of the organization
- He looks after the freight planning and freight prediction duties and makes sure that they are executed within the time period given by the management team
- He shoulders the responsibility of creating route efficiency plans and implements them on the freights arranged by the organization
- He is expected to suggest the different ways through which the process of the freights can be developed and improved
- He is required to provide beneficial support in finding out suitable solutions for the freight invoices that have found to be controversial in the eyes of the organization
The other responsibilities that a freight analyst is required to accomplish are given below:
- The freight analyst is expected to stick to the regulations and rules designed by the organization
- He is to make sure that there is timeliness and wholeness in the data related to the freights of the organization
- He is required to provide a quotation of the rates of the freights including the tax rate and perform the work of examining documents related to the freights
- He makes sure that the data registered in the information systems of the organization are correct and precise without any inaccuracy involved in it. He also makes sure that the data shows the number of contracts received by the organization
- He is needed to develop a close relationship with the modal and carrier management team so as to facilitate smooth working of the freights. He is also needed to maintain a professional relation with the district sales representatives, transportation managers, sales managers, fiscal supervisors, distribution department personnel and other analysts of the organization
- He is required to manage his work with the plant and terminal department members and interact with them about the regular problems related to the freights of the organization
- He performs the job of maintaining a formal contact with the CVC management personnel and associates of the CVC department. He is required to discuss the general difficulties, problems, and transformations that are related to the freights of the organization
- He is responsible for acquiring the freight reduction objectives set up by the organization by making the use of price saving prospects
- He is also responsible for the execution of zero based costing processes and accurate inquiry of the freights organized by the organization
- He executes the job of discussing over the terms of transport rate and determines the modern transportation methods so as to increase the proficiency of the freights
- He performs the task of completing credit forms and creating credit memos, shipping labels, billing records, etc.
- At times, he is also needed to attend queries put forth by the customers through phone calls, emails or letters
Freight analyst responsibilities give you a wonderful opportunity to add on to your knowledge about the freight analyst job profile and its significant job responsibilities and duties. It assures you of a prospering career in this industry.