CEO Job Description
This is the absolute top job. CEO is the head of the company. This is the highest posts one can get to, but it takes years of experience and hard work to attain this status. To know more about this top job, read the CEO Job description provided for your benefit.
The CEO is responsible for all the major decision taken in the company. Nothing can move forward without the approval of the CEO. However, this does not mean every decision has to go them for approval; there are other responsible individuals in the company who are in charge of other work. The major business related decision re approved by the CEO in the board of directors meeting.
The CEO is the head of the board of directors in most companies, but it depends on the hierarchy of the company, sometimes the chairman is the head. The CEO is responsible for the business of the company. Here lies the risk in their job. If the company is found to be indulging in illegal activities, the CEO may even face jail time, and it has happened before where CEO's have had to go jail, because they are the representatives of the company and nothing happens without their approval.
All the departmental heads report to the CEO. The CEO will take reports from them and plan future course of action in consultation with other top brass of the management. All the future strategies and businesses are planned by the CEO. They are the ones who decide about promotions in the company. The CEO's are paid extremely well. They are also given stock options and the best benefits of the company.
To study this post further, go through the CEO job description given fully understand the requirements of the job.
Duties and Responsibilities of a CEO
- Heading the board of directors
- Planning all the future strategies of the company
- Implementing all the planning of strategies
- Assigning duties and responsibilities to the heads of departments
- Fixing the budgets of all the departments
- Setting goals for the company to achieve
- Conducting the board meetings
- Presenting the accounts of the company to the share holders
- Meeting with clients and future business partners
- Expanding the business of the company
- Conducting performance reviews and appraisals
- Conducting press conferences on behalf of the company
- Work closely with the human resources department
- Solve all employee related problems before they get out of hand
- Creating a good working environment for the employees
- Take responsibility of the profits of the company and set targets for them to achieve
- Do risk assessment for future business prospects
- Look after all the legal issues of the company
- Represent the company in the court of law if required
Education Required for the Post of CEO
- A master's degree in the business administration
- Knowledge of the latest and industry approved accounting standards
- Years of experience in the corporate world
- Competent in using computers and other latest technology gadgets
- Companies can promote lesser qualified individuals if they feel they are deserving
This is the top job, but based on the hierarchy, they can move to the post of Chairman or President, whichever is the highest.
Here is the list of some related articles of CEO Job Description: