Head Clerk Responsibilities
The head clerk responsibilities include supervising and administrating few junior clerks or store associates under him/her and starting and shutting the store sales. He/she is responsible for upholding an optimistic store personnel and client services ambience. He/she supervises and oversees the operations that are executed in the store, makes sure that all these are done with agreement to the policies of the same and maintains the functions and undertakings of the same.
A head clerk helps the store supervisor, assistant supervisor and junior clerks in completing their jobs effectively and accurately. He/she is responsible for upholding a work culture that helps all the clients and caters to their requirements. He/she ensures that all the store personnel present behave politely with the clients and get back with clarifying their doubts. He/she greets the clients and encourages them to visit the store more often. A head clerk has some key job roles, responsibilities and duties that are mentioned below:
Key Responsibilities of Head Clerk
- Upholding a client friendly ambience in the store and instructing the store personnel on their basic duties and ethics that need to be followed.
- Encouraging the store personnel to carry out effective marketing and helping the same with promoting, leading and increasing the gross revenues of the store.
- Taking care of complex or intricate merchandising and supervising the storage of money and stock lists.
- Responding to the clients and getting back to them on the details of the commodities bought by them from the store.
- Executing all the roles of a store personnel, assisting the store supervisor in recognizing the requirements for instructions and giving active instructional directions as and when required in the store.
- Supervising and aiding the store personnel, providing active suggestions to the store personnel on store enhancements and providing other useful advice to the same inside the store or outside it.
- Making sure that all the store personnel abide by the modulations and regulations of the store.
- Strategizing, placing and arranging the task programs as per the convenience and suitability of his/her employees, as and whenever required to optimize selling and earn revenue, much to the benefit of all the store personnel, including himself/herself.
- Making sure that the tagged costs of the commodities are correct and that he/she properly signs the delivery of all the products for the store or from the store.
- Depicting and showing all the products of the store to the clients in compliance with the rules and standards of the same.
- Picking up merchandiser products on a daily basis and achieving working capital base or ground on time.
- Implementing benefit and protection methods and regulations alongside putting the company standards and modulations into effect.
- Working as per the directions of the store administrator and overseeing all the store undertakings.
- Upholding the superiority of all the store products and stepping-up the gross income of the entire store.
- Observing the stock lists of all the commodities and taking care of them.
- Monitoring and predicting the trade needs of the store to meet the merchandising and marketing targets and aims of the same.
- Observing and managing all the vocational happenings in order to step-up the number of clients in the store and overseeing all the interactions with the store administrator or store supervisor.
- Aiding the store administrator with elevating the sales for all the store staff in different marketing classes, helping to step-up the merchandising trade and giving on-the-spot instructional personnel and associates.
- Giving specialized back-up to the store personnel, updating himself/herself with the number of active store personnel and helping in recruiting deserving, effective and efficient workers for various posts lying vacant and available in the trade section of the store.
- Upholding thoughts for enhancing the sanitization of the store and instructing the store associates and store personnel on various marketing trading deals and transactions.
- Collaborating with the store administrator in order to give the needed advice for the same.
- Formulating and strategizing programs for all the procedures and methods run in the store in order to step-up the gross revenues of the same, assessing regular payment checks and upholding both, efficient and effective store personnel and associates, anytime and everytime.
- Overseeing and supervising the store crusades in order to facilitate publicity and package on time.
- Studying and examining the tagged costs of various products kept in the store and upholding the same for all the clients.
- Upholding the seller produces within the needed and given time and upholding the stock lists of all the products of the store within its given monetary funds and finances.
- Making sure that all other jobs of the store that fall under him/her are executed by the same.
Qualifications and Skills Required
A head clerk should have a bachelor's degree in accounts or finance. He/she could also have the same in any other similar field. He/she could also appear for a civil service exam and would have to clear it.
But the latter would be required only for holding the job responsibilities of a head clerk in a civil job with the United States government. The former would be more than enough to hold the job roles and duties of a store head clerk, which has been disussed above. A person looking forward to execute his/her job roles and duties must have very excellent math, statistics and observation skills.
He/she would also need to have an eye for noticing the details and intricacies of a store. Besides all these educational qualifications and skills, he/she would also need to be fast and effective, so that he/she is able to improve the profits of his/her store. Finally, he/she should be healthy and cheerful in order to execute the roles and duties of a head clerk.
A head clerk works in a store where he/she remains very busy in supervising and administrating the clerical personnel of the same. He/she has to work seven days a week with ocassional breaks in betweeen.
He/she manages the store personnel and has an off only on national holidays. Working for around nine hours every single day, makes him/her very tired and spent. A head clerk works in a dynamic environment where he/she remains surrounded by the store personnel, store products and the store itself.
The median head clerk salary that he/she draws is USD 38, 000 in a single year. But his/her salary may vary from one destination to another.
Thus, the head clerk responsibilities include taking care of his/her store products and administrating the store personnel.