Branch Customer Service Representative Job Description
The branch customer service representative is considered to be the face of the organization, as he is oftentimes the first point of contact for the customers, whether they are regular or potential customers. He may either interact through a telephone, computer system or personally with the customers. He acts as a direct link for the customers and directs them to the most suitable solutions for their problems. He assists the customer to find out what exactly the potential consumer is searching for and thereby, executes the marketing of the products and gain profit.
The branch customer service representatives are associated with a number of business sectors belonging to different fields.
Bank Customer Service Representative Responsibilities
The branch customer service representatives related to the banking sector carry out several responsible tasks.
- They are responsible for managing financial transactions and attending to general queries of the clients.
- There are some issues which the customer service representatives cannot solve on their own or are beyond their authority.
- In such cases, the customer service representatives direct the customer to a higher authority or related department.
- However, the customer service representatives are aware and capable of resolving most of the queries of the customers.
- These representatives are very quick and accurate in predicting the needs of the customers and preparing appropriate solutions for the same.
- They maintain a clear communication between the customer and themselves while providing the answers to the questions of the customers.
- They give proper information about the new services and products offered by the bank to the existing and potential customers.
Retail Customer Service Representative Responsibilities
- The retail customer service representative is also known as retail salesperson who is responsible for merchandising the products and services for the benefit of the organization.
- He works in a broad variety of retail locations ranging from automobile, clothing, shoe, and hardware retail stores.
- The retail customer service representative serves the customers in an efficient manner by giving useful information about the services and products.
- He tries to gain the interest of the customers by assuring the customers of the various advantages that can be received through the products.
- He explains the customers about the superiority of the products in the competitive market and portrays a beneficial picture of the products in front of the customers.
- At times, the retail customer service representative may also need to demonstrate the functioning of the products and permit the consumer to operate or utilize the products. This increases the chances of the products getting sold to the customers.
- The retail customer service representative also gives accurate information about the prices of the products to the customers and directs them to the products that are within the budget of the customers.
Account Customer Service Representative Responsibilities
- The account customer service representative is a professional who takes care of providing individualized attention to the customers for resolving their general problems and issues related to their individual accounts.
- They are mostly found working in sales, financial, or banking organizations.
- The account customer service representative is responsible for attending to both the local and international calls of the customers.
- He makes sure that the customer receives quality customer service and gets satisfied with the service provided.
- He provides elaborated information to the customers about their financial accounts.
- He is aware of the different variety of accounts within the organization.
- He may provide vital feedback and suggestions to the customers about their accounts and financial transactions.
Requirements of a Branch Customer Service Representative
The branch customer service representative need not be a highly qualified individual. Most of the companies merely expect the candidate to be a high school graduate. However, he needs to possess superior quality communication skills, as there is a continuous interaction with the customers. Besides, the applicant needs to be highly motivated, positively minded, well organized, active, and high spirited individual.
The candidate should be blissful and maintain a smiling face at all times, so as to make the customer feel happy and at ease. He should have adequate knowledge about various computer applications and software used by the customer service representatives.
General Responsibilities of a Branch Customer Service Representative
- The branch customer service representative shoulders the responsibility of maintaining the information of the clients into the company's client database regularly.
- He also confirms with the customer if the information provided is correct or not. He pays attention to the complaints of the customers and tries to solve them at his level.
- If the service representative is unable to work out the problems, then he escalates the complaints to a high level of authority in the organization.
- The customer service representatives are required to achieve the targets previously determined by the employer. Therefore, he may need to sell additional products and services to the customers, perform extra tasks or work for longer hours.
- He is expected to verify the details of the customers as per the legal procedures designed by the organization.
- He may verify the social security number, name, address, phone number, license number, and other official data of the customers.
Branch customer service representative responsibilities give you an opportunity to analyze your profession and make an outstanding growth in your career.