Electrical Drafter Responsibilities
The electrical drafter responsibilities include arranging various packages of written papers and drawing the sketches of electrical systems and equipments that are examined by electrical engineers or architects. He sets up exploratory and elaborate automatic, electrical, architectural and civic drawings for a huge number of projects, changes, and propositions using computer assisted drafting equipments.
He also modifies and revises the sketches from time to time, as and when required and communicates with the engineering personnel and the other staff to finish the recognized issues and not deal with them any longer. The electrical drafter is also responsible for drafting intricate electrical wiring diagrams, electrical schematics, mechanical equipments, physical layouts and other special diagrams.
His key responsibilities include the ones listed as under:
- Analyzing and rendering work order requests to determine the kind of service like the quality and the illumination needed by the installation staff
- Determining the work order and the content procedures like mapping and making sketches
- Examining the projected initiation areas and making the scratchy drawings of the workplace
- Making the commercial enterprise or construction teams understand the ready sketches and drawings
- Observing and grooming the various experts, applied scientists and the other drafters
- Evolving 'on the job' outlines for xerox machines along with inky trace drawings
- Evolving and rendering the computing weights, volumes, particularities and the other stress agents
- Drawing charts and making specific reports on applied mathematics as well as information
- Making changes in the electrical drafts as and when needed by the initiation personnels
- Protecting the data by examining the field and identifying the services and equipments for confirmation and agreement with programs and certain particularities
- Supervising the files of all the sketches, reports, agreements and handbooks that are related to the particular agency
- Investigating and offering the much needed methodical data on the various machineries and the services
- Computing or calculating regularly for technical and fiscal analysis
- Directing the electrical mechanical drawing subordinates under him and helping them with issues related to electrical engineering and sketches
- Running and directing the machines like blue print and microfilm
- Working with designers and technologists to acquire data and solve the matters related to design
- Working with the building and manufacture workers to elucidate the inside information of design and acquire recommendations for enhancements
- Preparing and organizing written documents in order to help the electrical technicians when the electrical connections commence or during fixing
- Assessing the drafts to provide price approximations and confirming that the ideas fit the building rules and regulations in compliance with the existing policies
- Guiding the other technicians and drafters working under him as his subordinates
- Sketching the inside information of a structure by putting his cognition of modular construction techniques and procedures into effect
- Organizing various particularities and instruction manuals for initiating the voltage transformers and the underground cables to transmit electricity
The candidate must be an electric designer and complete a 2 year associate degree in drafting available at community colleges. He must have electrical engineering skills that would help him progress in his field. Having good drawing skills is very important. Apart from all these, he must have good communication skills. Having a four year degree would be an asset for this position.
He works in an office and has to handle multiple projects simultaneously. He works about 8 hours everyday on an average and his job is quite stressful. He deals with electrical engineering all the time and comes across electrical engineers and drafters.
He draws an average salary of about USD 60,000. But this varies from place to place and depends on the size of the firm where he is employed.
Thus, the electrical drafter responsibilities include preparing the documentation packages for inspection by the electrical engineer or architect.