Footwear Designer Responsibilities
The footwear designer responsibilities include developing imaginative and functional designs for shoes and other footwear like sandals, flipflops, etc. The footwear selling activities deviate from fashionable footwear to informal ones to conventional sports footwear like from football shoes to training shoes for other purposes. He works with other designers on different styles that are active presently and comes up with various footwear that contain these features and characteristics.
At first, he sketches the uneven designs of shoes and sandals on a piece of paper with his hand or with the help of computer assisted technology and comes up with actual designs after working on them. He investigates the opinions and views of different people at fashion shows and other formal as well as informal events and creates representations of the extemporary shoes in order to show people and clients as to how the real shoes would look like.
Following are the roles and duties of a footwear designer that are also the key responsibilities of the same. These are as under:
- Creating test footwear in order to portray his ideas and thoughts to people and his customers
- Supervising the growth and development of footwear and checking the same for good quality and durability
- Setting up test examples for purchasers and social events, wherein the customers and audiences get an overall idea about the kind and quality of the footwear
- Coming up with new colors, forms and structures of different footwear
- Working for fashion houses and designing the shoes that are flaunted by the models
- Working with other designers in order to construe the different cat walk styles that are active, of late
- Working with various colors and footwear patterns in order to deliver a whole and comfortable fashion expression to the foot-wears
- Overseeing the interactions with respect to design particularities and making sure that the methods and procedures of designing footwear are in complete agreement with the design particularities
- Assessing the representations and making sure that all the same are amended in order to improve the advancing familiarized programs and plans for enhancing the market revenue and profits
- Arranging foreign traveling packages in case of visiting foreign countries and approving the quality improvement standards to be implemented to the new projects and undertakings
- Attending marketing meetings in order to display the illustrations of the differently designed footwear and scrutinizing the helping marketing personnel in order to ensure that they stick to the rules and regulations of the existing merchandising trends
- Maintaining the effectiveness, durability and high featuristic characteristics of the new designed foot-wears so that they are at par with the expectations of the models and clients
- Directing and growing various progressive designs for structuring and approving the newly designed footwear
- Studying and examining the needs of different seasons and coming up with plans and programs for the commodities and formation sections
- Observing and settling the footwear pattern settings as per the manufacturing reappraisals, business enterprise regulations and different operations
- Assessing the illustrations of the footwear and directing their alterations for growing and enhancing the quality of footwear designs
- Working and teaming up with the organization's administration and other designers to set up his private office functions and roles that he executes and adjusting his abilities according to the latest followed trends
- Overseeing his interactions with the clients, observing the growth procedures and methods of different footwear designs and approving the enhancement and productivity of the same
- Scheming the footwear as per the organization's objective demography and heading and supervising other tiny design teams
- Holding investigations in order to know more about the present marketing design trends
- Favoring the closing of the designs and sending them for manufacture
- Ensuring that the designs prepared by him are profitable and make a name in the fashion and retail industry
- Determining the length of the footwear and displaying them to the people and clients from different angles in order to promote and advertise the same
Qualifications and Skills Required
A person who wants to qualify as a footwear designer should have done a 2 or 4 years course in fashion design. He could also do the same by doing particular courses in footwear design or subsidiary design. He can also do courses in design software, footwear design, merchandising commercial enterprise styles and developed shoe design. He should have the ability to draw and sketch very well and an eye for noticing all the detailed complexities of the footwear. He needs to have good connection skills and having a flair of updating himself with the latest marketing footwear trends would prove beneficial for him, and his job would become easier. He needs to be very creative and fashion conscious. He should have the ability to make or design shoes and other footwear that have stylish look and that the clients are comfortable wearing. At last, but not the least, he should be free and ready to experiment.
A footwear designer usually works 5 days a week from 9 in the morning to 5 in the evening, which is about 40 hours a week. He may work for a longer time also. He travels a lot. He usually works in large organizations like fashion houses and design studios.
A footwear designer works very hard and earns about USD 45, 000 per annum on an average in the beginning. But with more experience under his belt, he can earn about USD 1, 00, 000 within the same time. So his salary can differ from one name and size of the organization to another name and size of the organization.
Thus, the footwear designer responsibilities include designing new shoes and footwear in order to run fashion shows and markets.