Admissions Associate Responsibilities
Admissions associate responsibilities include assisting the director in several duties related to admission procedures, selection of students, maintaining the database of all the information related to the admissions, general administration and relevant management, etc. The job is mostly office based. However,he may be required to travel occasionally.
Key Responsibilities of an Admissions Associate
If you are planning to apply for the post of an admissions associated you should first be able to understand the detailed responsibilities that need to be undertaken. For a better understanding here is a list of key admission associate responsibilities:
- He should follow up with students and promptly either through emails, telephone or regular mail or by having a brief face to face interaction with students
- Management of data and information related to the details of prospective students right from the inquiry calls to the steps taken up for follow up; granting of admissions and subsequent joining of the course. Accurate entry of the relevant data to track the new joiners, their related documents, and status regarding the completion of admission procedures. It may also include the data of students who have been denied the admission.
- Prepare admission related documents and letters on behalf of the Director
- Guide the students on the requirement of essential documents that need to be attached. Circulate the files in the faculty and create admission files
- Report to the Director regarding the final status of admission as to how many students have been admitted, the waiting list and the number of rejected students
- He should be able to provide outstanding customer service to the prospective students as well as the current students
- He should be able to answer the frequently asked questions by the parents and students. For this he needs to gather all the basic information related to the school or college.
- He should maintain the inventory regarding the stationery and the relevant admission material and notify the Director whenever there is a requirement.
- He should plan and schedule meetings, tours, dates and interviews with the prospective families and the Director or Associate Director of Admissions.
- He should keep a record of all the money generated during the application,enrollment and re-enrollment procedures.
- He may also need to perform any other administration related duties as per the requirements.
Educational Requirement for an Admissions Associate
To qualify for the post of an admissions associate you need to have a four year bachelors degree from an accredited university or college. Experience in recruitment and admission procedures will definitely increase your chances of getting hired for the post you are aspiring for.
Desired Skills for an Admissions Associate
Experience is definitely an advantage but if you have the following skills it will definitely prove to be an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to be able to handle and respond to the inquiries and guide the students on the documentation and the relevant admission procedures
- Proficiency in computers is essential to maintain the data related to the admission procedures, accounting, inventory maintenance, etc. Should be well conversant with MS Office and all social media networking
- Should be detail oriented and should enter the data speedily and accurately
- Ability to supervise the subordinates whenever there is a need. He should be able to handle the work independently and effectively
- Answering promptly to the issues related to the student inquiries and their concerns
- Flexibility to work in a changing schedule as per the requirement
- Drive to excel and achieve the objectives of the college or university
Salary Details for an Admissions Associate
Salary generally depends on the relevant experience and qualifications that one has in a similar profile. They are generally offered excellent insurance and pension benefits.
The duty hours are generally more than 40 hours per week. They may need to work for long hours on weekends or evenings or may even require to travel at times in case of meetings or seminars.
Handling the admissions associate responsibilities is not an easy task and requires a lot of dedication and commitment. If you are able to shoulder them well you can definitely rise to higher level in the managerial position.