Electrical Design Engineer Responsibilities
An electrical design engineer is the one who makes electrical equipments using design methods that are organized. He utilizes final plans and diagrams that are laid out in the office and accepted electrical drawings too. An electrical design engineer leads the staff under him and is the administrator of the production and installation procedures. He supervises the designs related to electrical equipments, administers growth methods and even visits electronic events and shows to get ideas and a fair understanding about the different types of electrical equipments and their functions as well.
The electrical design engineer responsibilities include attending meetings which are both internal and external, and designing the electrical products or equipments according to the directions given by the customers. He even negotiates budgets and holds tests that determine the suitability of the particular electrical equipments to the customers. His key responsibilities are:
- Helping the less experienced or new engineers to ensure that the patterns and functions of the electrical equipments are met as per the requirements of the clients
- Visiting electrical exhibitions and shows to get an over all idea of the details and functioning of the electrical appliances
- Leading junior engineers and advising them on designing and managing electrical designs
- Holding suitability tests of the electrical appliances and giving them a clean chit to prove that they are suitable for use by the clients
- Verifiying and testing electrical equipments for any manufacturing defects or malfunctions
- Analyzing and cracking technical problems related to electrical systems or schemes
- Observing junior engineers working under him and assisting them as per their requirements
- Designing, enhancing, administering and repairing electrical equipments and other electrical machines for native, business enterprise and trade purposes
- Discussing electrical engineering projects and engineering products with engineers, clients and others to get valuable advice and feedback about them
- Setting up and computing structure, industrial and installation standards
- Performing engineer tasks by creating electrical designs and projects with the help of computers
- Ensuring that the electrical equipments are highly durable and of good quality
- Checking that the installations are completed and ensuring that the standard codes and regulations of safety are followed by all means
- Following the specifications of the clients while designing and creating electrical appliances
- Documenting the requirements of electrical equipments and other materials
- Scheduling and putting the research procedures into effect, and applying practical methods of electrical theory to engineering projects
- Administering and mentoring the engineering members of the team, as and when needed
- Ensuring all the projects are completed on time
- Analyzing client complaints, finding out the cause and nature of the same and suggesting measures to correct them
- Ensuring all the projects are executed within the given budget
- Holding field polls and analyzing maps, diagrams, graphs and other pictorial representations to find out the electricity deficient areas and solving
the power crisis in those areas
- Collecting and documenting reports related to electrical engineering projects and studies
- Collecting information of the electrical systems of different areas in order to get an idea about the overall operating efficiency of the same
- Ensuring that electricity is distributed equally to all parts of the region with the help of electric power plants that generate electrical energy
- Working on other areas of electrical design engineering for the betterment of human beings
Qualifications and Required Skills
Having a bachelor's or a master's degree in electrical, mechanical, electronic, nanotechnology or manufacturing engineering is a must. Others can apply through apprenticeship programs. The candidate should have the ability to simplify technical data. He should also have knowledge about IT and his oral and written communication skills should be fairly good. He should be a motivator, highly professional, friendly and have the knack of analyzing and cracking technical problems.
The average salary is USD 86,000. But this may vary from place to place.
Thus, the electrical design engineer responsibilities include designing and managing new electrical appliances and holding feasibility tests on all of them, so that they can get ready for use by the clients.