Electrical Engineer Job Description
- Job Descriptions
- Electrical Engineer Job Descriptions
The electrical engineer responsibilities include making, constructing and supervising electrical control systems, machineries and instruments. He works in a broad range of units and deals with the production and provision of power. He deals particularly with manufacturing electrical instruments and generating power systems.
He also brings to the surface the technical work plan for allotted factors conformable with the plan targets. He revises and acquaints himself with the latest updates of the business engineering methodologies and the task operation aims to suggest fresh data and technology.
Key Responsibilities of Electrical Engineer
The roles and responsibilities of an electrical engineer depend on the kind and the size of the company where he works. But he has some basic key responsibilities that are as under:
- Talking about the active engineering projects and products with the clients and engineers
- Designing, putting into effect, upholding and enhancing the electrical instruments, products, schemes and equipment for home or technical uses
- Researching the aspects of fresh technical innovations and performing electrical engineering tasks with the help of computer aided applications and design software programs
- Supervising and connecting the fabrication, building, initiation, care, assistance, software documentation and experimentation activities to make sure that they are in submission with the particularities, codes and client needs
- Designing certain electrical systems for executing projects
- Making sure that the projects satisfy construction and electrical safety policies
- Putting into effect and preparing investigative methods to employ the fundamentals of electrical theory to engineering projects
- Analyzing the information and confirming the constructions, repairs, initiations and various other schemes
- Working effectively and training the junior electrical engineers
- Administrating the production efforts of the projects in order to ensure that the same are executed on time and within the available budget
- Analyzing and organizing specialized drawings, descriptions of electrical systems and geographical maps to make sure that the operations and initiations are in agreement with the standards and the needs of the clients
- Working on the common complaints and suggesting curative steps
- Using electrical engineering concepts to work on projects with the other team members and professionals
- Following the revaluation plans and administering the work production endeavours to make sure that the instruments or the equipment are initiated in agreement with the terms and conditions of the company
- Complying with and putting all the safety plus GMP policies into action
- Assisting the maintenance department with repairing electrical instruments and equipments
- Managing and directing the records of all the electrical design changes and testing the rival and seller products
- Training the staff about electrical systems and troubleshooting
- Designing the electrical power producing plants, system formations and stations
- Working with skillful people and the site staff to take care of the on site electrical systems
- Analyzing the company and work force issues with the site staff and figuring out their remedies
- Directing and administering his subordinates to enhance the efficaciousness of the electrical instruments, equipments and the systems
- Working on the building projects with technical electrical power active there
- Ensuring that the initiations and the work operations are in accordance with the standards of the company and the needs of the clients
- Drawing basic sketches to assist his subordinates
- Utilizing the quality electrical systems according to the data available for the betterment of the customers
- Setting up test instruments in order to assess the performance of the developmental systems under assumed working circumstances
- Functioning effectively to specify, determine and work out the developmental matters and holding field polls to pinpoint and rectify the issues related to power
- Approving the leaves of his subordinates and executing the company evaluations based on their performance
Qualifications and Skills
The candidate should be a graduate in electrical engineering or in a related field. He should also have sharp observation skills and should be able to work on multiple projects under stress at the same time. He should brush up his technological and IT skills regularly. Having a master's degree in the same field would escalate him to very good positions in the firm.
He works for around 8 hours a day and 40 hours a week. He generally has day shifts, but may have to work at nights in demanding situations.
The average salary of an electrical engineer is USD 83,000 per annum. But this may vary from place to place and can also depend from one company to another.
Thus, the electrical engineer responsibilities include creating and developing new electrical equipments and instruments, testing the installations and guiding the inspection programs.