Electrical Engineering Associate Responsibilities
The electrical engineering associate responsibilities include dealing with the initiation, design, selection, and care of electrical equipments and instruments, quality machineries and various other electrical systems. His functions, responsibilities and roles lie between the level of a businessman and an applied technologist.
The electrical engineering associate is mainly responsible for assisting and supporting the electrical engineers and technologists in drawing and implementing the electrical start-ups.
The electrical engineering associate has other responsibilities that include assisting the development, enhancement and creation of electrical systems and various other components. He works and assists the electrical engineers and technologists in a wide variety of tasks.
The key responsibilities of an electrical engineering associate depends on the kind of industry he works in. Some of his key responsibilities are:
- Working out the expectation of fresh technological developments and researching the same
- Calculating the expenditure of the equipments, work force, work time and construction
- Developing programs and plans for projects undertaken and utilizing electrical designs with computer-assisted engineering software
- Meeting the engineers, taking their feedback and making sure that the projects meet the electrical engineering principles, specifications and status rules
- Communicating with the crafts-people and expert workers
- Assisting the engineers with data analysis and verifying different electrical systems and initiations
- Providing work safety training to the subordinates and executing the projects using the principles of electrical engineering
- Assisting the engineers working on different projects according to the existing and active safety norms and regulations
- Being present in the meetings, entering reports and introducing written documents to the engineers, administrators, clients and technologists
- Administrating and heading different scrutiny plans and programs
- Aiding the electrical engineers and technologists in creating and designing fresh electrical products and systems
- Associating itself with the support department in order to to fix electrical systems, components and instruments
- Documenting the electrical innovative changes of the equipment and advising the management and technologists about their enhancement
- Participating in the upgradation of different electrical systems and assisting the engineers and the technologists in taking care of electrical products and other electrical complicated systems
- Running the electrical systems and checking them for technical defects by getting associated with the differentiated staff
- Operating in association with the electrical experts within and out of the location faculty to carry off the significant start up and function of the on- location electrical systems
- Assisting the research of the engineers on different matters with the on-location staff and figuring out the results
- Assisting the engineers and the technologists on successful implementation of different building projects as needed, with the help of the present onsite technical and technological team
- Making elementary sketches on electrical systems of their jurisdictory areas and initiating various discussions with the engineers and technologists on them in order to get an overall perspective and status of the installations there
- Assessing, studying and questioning different electrical diagrams made by workers under him
- Aggregating and displaying new electrical instruments and systems found in and around his jurisdiction
- Communicating with other electrical engineers and technologists to specify, determine and work out the developmental issues
- Participating in choice control activities, authority programs and reporting the modifications to the engineers
- Aiding the engineers, technologists and supervisors by programing the activities of the management personnel
- Participating in company assessments based on the way his subordinates have performed
Qualifications and Skills
The candidate should be a graduate in electrical engineering or in a related field. He should have good maths and IT skills. He must have the ability to draw well and solve intricate electrical engineering problems.
Having a post graduate or a master's degree in the same field would prove to be an asset to the company making him rise to a good post and do very well in his career. A comprehensive knowledge of electrical systems and other electrical equipment would be an added bonus. Apart from all these, he should have a cool head and must be able to work on multiple projects at the same time.
He works around 40 hours a week in an office. He also works outside for long hours to meet his targets.
The average salary of an electrical engineering associate is around USD 90,000 per annum. But this may vary from place to place and also depend on the area of his jurisdiction.
Thus, the electrical engineering associate responsibilities include associating with the electrical engineers and technologists to design fresh electrical products and systems and check the installations.