Electrical Engineering Specialist Responsibilities
The electrical engineering specialist responsibilities include administrating, directing, guiding and supervising the various phases of commodity growth and providing expertise knowledge on electrical engineering to the management during all the procedures. He directs the project management team during the various stages of preparation, scheming, enhancement and experimenting.
He is a technical expert in the field of electrical engineering and is well aware of the various difficult phases the project passes through and the issues that come up to the surface while executing the same. He also maintains the files, the poll results and the research records, and the progression and the fund reports. The electrical engineering specialist has many responsibilities out of which the key ones are:
- Directing the operations of the factory and assessing the methods to decide its effectiveness and productiveness so that the company benefits
- Studying the applied electrical engineering procedures in the factory and recognizing the areas that require enhancement
- Enhancing the rate of productivity in the factory by laying more emphasis on the section of factory mechanization that leads to more output
- Overcoming the drawbacks and the incoherence in the operations with fresh and latest procedures that ensure smooth work flow
- Assessing the technological ability of the organization and determining the edification of the technology application that exists and is active in the factory
- Acting suitably in reply to the advice, doubts and objections, so that the clients and the office are satisfied
- Investigating various matters to bring about improvements in the factory and documenting them for future use
- Preparing blue prints and charts to gain an in-depth understanding of the installation and the electrical systems in order to increase and maintain the effectiveness of the same
- Enhancing the productiveness at a lesser cost by mentioning and praising the output of the factory to the project teams
- Changing the manufacturing plans and predicting the modifications in needs for goods
- Assisting the fiscal teams in buying, selling, decreasing and increasing the worth of electrical machineries and systems
- Ensuring that all his subordinates are abreast of the latest developments and updates in the electrical systems of the factory
- Searching for the development of new products and looking forward to electrical product enhancements
- Assuring that the proper and exact documents have been stored properly and taking part in product handout assessments of various electrical designs
- Implementing appropriate action plan needed for product releases and testing various products for quality and durability
- Assessing the possibility and fluent working of the projected engineering tests and equipment
- Guiding the workers under him by providing expertise knowledge on electrical engineering to them
- Supervising the projects that are executed as per his guidance
- Recognizing and rectifying the defects in the equipment and systems
- Substituting old and defective components, tools and equipment with new ones
- Changing the parts and managing the stock list documents
- Making models from rocky sketches and planning to execute the project after getting an overall idea from the same
- Mending and managing electrical equipment to ensure smooth flow of work in the factory
The candidate must have a bachelor's degree in engineering with majors in electricity. He also must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in this field or in a related field. Having a master's degree in electrical engineering would be an asset for this position. He should have the ability to work under pressure and handle multiple projects at the same time. He should be able to recognize problems and work out their solutions. He should have good drawing and sketching skills.
He works around 40 hours a week and remains in the office most of the times, but also goes to the factory to supervise and administer the exact manufacture of goods. His job is quite stressful and he might have to work overtime during demanding situations.
He draws a salary of around USD 54,000 per annum on an average. But this may vary from one place to another depending on the size of the factory and the organization where he works.
Thus, the electrical engineering specialist responsibilities include advising the electrical engineers, technologists and the other workers in such a way that the projects are executed successfully.