Integration Engineer Responsibilities
An integration engineer teams up with other technical personnel in the organization to deal with various engineering issues. He/she makes improvement in the manufacturing mechanisms and operating process, develops, configure and maintains integration systems in test network servers, production processes to ensure efficiency and participates in the implementation of test tools and simulators. Integration engineer responsibilities are mainly based on providing technical assistance, which often involves researching, testing and developing computer related machinery to enhance the process efficiency of the operating systems in the organization. He/she also directs and provides expert advice to manufacturing personnel and end users in the company's operating systems.
These engineering experts often work as a company representative with developers and other business sectors to provide quality information solutions that will ultimately satisfy the requirements of the customer. They prepare and run various test plans which include lab configurations and test cases. They investigate and create new automated test scripts and suites for different OS platforms; installs operating system, adapter card and troubleshoots test failures. They also have to provide documentation of best methodologies, results and practices from lab activities.
What are the Routine Job Functions?
The role of an integration engineer demand a math acumen, analytical disposition and effective communication skills. In order to execute the tasks aptly, these professionals need to possess knowledge of using probe card device, circuit memory testers, pattern generators, altering current power sources and analytical software for executing various processes. Some of their regular activities are mentioned below:
- Optimizing current procedures to improve manufacturing capacity, performance and yield products
- Coordinating with process engineers to develop procedures to enhance operational efficiency
- Maintaining documentation for new and modified procedures for reference purpose
- Collaborating with process integration team to integrate and implement improved or updated process work flow
- Providing guidance to process integration team of technicians, engineering designers, engineers and other technical support personnel; conducting training for junior engineers when required
- Conferring with consult specifications and engineering to evaluate interface between operational requirements, software and hardware and performance requirement of the entire system
- Interacting and collaborating with the product engineering team to deal with the quality and yield issues
- Monitoring functioning of equipment and making essential modifications to make sure that the system operates in correspondence with specifications
- Storing, retrieving, and manipulating data for analysis of system requirement and capabilities
- Updating knowledge and skills to maintain the rapid progressions in computer technology
- Analyzing information to verify, recommend and design layout, including the type of peripheral equipment and computer modifications
- Testing and verifying hardware; assisting peripherals to make sure that they meet requirements and specifications by analyzing and recording test data
- Building, testing and modifying product prototypes using theoretical models or working models constructed with computer simulation
- Designing and developing computer hardware and supporting peripherals, which may include central processing units (CPUs), supporting microprocessors, printer, custom integrated circuits and disk drives
- Providing technical support to marketing and sales departments, designers, suppliers and other staff throughout the implementation process and product development
- Evaluating components such as cost constraints, required reporting formats, and need for security restrictions to verify hardware configurations
- Writing detailed functional descriptions that support the hardware introduction and document the hardware development process
- Recommending purchase of temperature, dust and humidity control equipment in the area of system installation
- Specifying requirements and configuration of power supply, design specifications and drawing on system performance expectations
Desired Qualifications & Experience
To work as an integration engineer, the applicant needs to hold a bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, information technology or related technical discipline. For senior role, most employers prefer to hire candidates with a master's degree.
To perform this role, the candidate should have:
- Experience with any of T-SQL, HTML, and C# can be prove beneficial to perform the tasks by reducing errors
- Experience and knowledge of hardware and software, as it relates to Clusters; HP-Ux and associated SAN activities are essential
- Knowledge of Linux, Solaris, Windows OS platform, AIX , HL7, clustering software (Oracle RAC or VEERITAS) are desirable
- Experience of working in advanced technology
Required Skills and Abilities
- Candidates should have good problem solving and communication skills.
- He/she should possess an ability to work in a team and guide the juniors.
- He/she should have strong technical acumen related to design/modeling and SQL databases, Internet applications.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills are a must.
- He/she should have ability to perform daily tasks in a fast paced environment, both individually or as a team, juggling various projects simultaneously.
- He/she must have strong determination and motivation to see project and products through closure within agreed and managed timelines.
Integration engineer responsibilities are extensive and require in depth knowledge of various processes in an organization.