Account Executive Responsibilities
The account executive responsibilities are different in different fields. People find employment in this profile in the fields of marketing, advertising or public relations. Wherever there is a need to communicate between the clients and the employer, account executives have a role to play. He or she is an important connective link between the two parties.
Every organization, irrespective of its size, needs account executives for various reasons.
Account Executive Duties in Different Fields
More often than not, client retention and getting a good response to a business avenue is dependent on the account executives. The main job of these professionals is to understand the clients' demands and requirements, convey the same to the concerned departments and ensure the work is proceeding with the same guidelines.
There are some typical things an account executive has to do in the daily course of work. The field of accounting has a lot of scope and potential to grow. This is one field which is never going to be affected by unemployment.
Account executives, being the mediator and contact person as well, are required to have excellent communication skills. Convincing and influencing qualities are highly appreciated and useful in this field. They need to do the following things:
- Meet the clients, explain them what they have to offer, find out what they want, and understand their requirements
- Communicate with the clients through various mediums like telephones, e-mails, etc., to keep them posted about their projects
- In many cases the account executives are involved in negotiations and finalizing contracts
- Understand the deals and demands of the clients of the company to convey the same to the respective teams
- Work on the budgets, plan and design feasible course of action to complete the projects
- Ensure assistance is given to the teams and subordinates to perform efficiently
- The administrative responsibilities of an account executive includes implementing the rules and guidelines of the management policies
- Ensure the legal formalities are followed properly
- Take care of the documentation processes of the accounts
Target and Sales
- The responsibility of an account executive is to ensure the targets are achieved for various sales and marketing strategies
- Also, setting the targets for the teams depend on them
- Monitor the gross profit and the progress graph regularly and accordingly plan the short term and long term plans
- Another major account executive (AE) responsibilities is the dissipation of statistical information
- For this purpose the AE has to keep track of the performance of all the departments, related or non related and file reports
- One has to submit such reports to the higher authorities, thus, regular updates are very important
- By recommendation we mean that the AEs have to suggest what plans will work in favor of the company with minimum usage of resources
- A company runs various projects and has different departments, each one is run by the heads, who in turn work on the instructions of AEs
- Marketing and advertising for the company and its products are different; they form a part of the sales department. We are talking about the promotion works for attracting employees and about conducting campus interviews in colleges, etc.
- If there is a change in policy, update it in the official forums, or public forums, interacting with the media, providing newsworthy information to the public relations department, etc.
- Spread awareness about the products manufactured by the company
- AEs duties include authorizing, validating, attesting the official accounts related documents
- Approving the training modules, induction programs, time schedules, various other activities, etc.
- The appraisals, performance reviews, evaluation of the employee's contribution, efficiency, etc.
Thus these were the account executive responsibilities performed. Seniority in work experience will have few more additions and the duties may vary depending on the organization.