Financial Planner Responsibilities
The financial planner responsibilities include analyzing and getting to know the fiscal circumstances and aims of customers and aiding them with preparation for retirement. He discusses the various methods and procedures with the customers for submitting and requiting the taxes that are due or outstanding to the government.
He is expected to carry all his educational qualification certificates and other certificates to work and he should keep himself updated with the latest fiscal products and laws that have a relation with monetary resources, funds, assets and other computer related programs.
The financial planner responsibilities may vary from one place to another and also depend on the kind of company he works for. But he has some common key responsibilities that are stated as under:
- Getting thoroughly acquainted with the customers' fiscal circumstances and aims
- Assisting the customers with matters related to taxation and a sudden boom that takes place and handling transcations and trades
- Evaluating the finances and the temporary and permanent aims of the customers
- Developing and strategizing procedures and methods for attaining the aims of the customers without any fiscal dangers
- Computing the amount of capital required for retirement of the customers and figuring out superior destinations fit to financing or making business
- Revealing the manageable hazards to his customers and explaning them their influences and consequences
- Making the customers believe that the investment opportunities they have chosen are least risky and assuring them of no dangers in order to continue the fiscal planning services or business
- Assisting the customers in gaining fiscal security and guiding them on taxation procedures, methods and queries
- Making people aware that they have to pay income taxes
- Advising the customers of the various ways and methods of paying meagrely during the situations of outstanding taxes
- Knowing and implementing all the tax laws that are related to investment funds and finances
- Being acquainted with the fiscal products and safety policies and preparing spreadsheets in order to execute his jobs, duties and responsibilities effectively
- Planning fiscal procedures and methods of the company in order to perfect the same
- Helping people to administer their private fiscal matters by advising them about efficient fiscal planning
- Counseling the company on the inflow of payments and implementing the fiscal and estate plans in order to execute his job duties, roles and responsibilities very effectively
- Advising the customers on coping up with the fiscal education and investment planning
- Advising the customers about the various measures, ways and means of attaining their fiscal aims, etc.
- Informing his customers about their choices and the number of risks they possess
- Aggregating all the information at one place that are related to the different needs of the clients to come up with a better advice to make the company better and enhance its work force
- Lessening the dangers of finances or fiscal targets of the customers
- Studying the resources of the customers in order to get an in-depth understanding of all the fiscal issues of the company and the customers
- Ensuring that the resources of the customers fit the fiscal targets of the customers within the given time
- Taking an account of the drawbacks in the company related to the different fiscal policies and fiscal issues and coming up with suitable remedial measures
- Advising the customers on administrating the dangers during the cash inflows of the company
- Counseling the customers on adopting guarding methods in order to decrease the dangers of the customers
- Devising tax plans in order to make sure that his customers employ the tax obligations
- Interacting regularly with the customers in order to examine if all the planned activities and programs are being put forth into effect
- Updating himself with the latest planned activities and programs by meeting the customers and discussing their fiscal issues with them
- Altering his programs and activities as per the suitability of the customers and assisting them to make sure that they profit
Qualifications and Skills Required
The candidate should have a bachelor's degree in commerce with majors in accounting, finance or any other related field in the minimum. His having a master's degree in the same field or in business administration would be essential and suitable for this position. He must have good analyzing and problem solving skills that would make his job easier. He must have the ability to execute multiple projects at a given time and come out with suitable solutions to the intricate problems. He must be willing to work with a team and execute the fiscal projects under stress. He should be well acquainted with computer programs related to his field, so that he can complete his job duties, responsibilities, roles and functions in an effective way.
He works in an office with the financial advisor and other subordinates and aids the customers in minimizing their investment risks. He remains buried in fiscal transactions and works on computers as well. He works for about 9 hours everyday and 45 hours a week. Working for 5 days a week is compulsory for him.
He draws a salary of USD 60, 000 to USD 65, 000 per annum on an average. This salary range is fixed and the amount inside this varies from one place to another depending on the size and kind of the company where he works.
Thus, the financial planner responsibilities include coming to terms with the fiscal conditions of the customers and helping them find investment opportunities with minimized risks.