Head of Marketing Responsibilities
The head of marketing responsibilities include stepping-up the commercial stocks through configuring and enforcing effective merchandising programs and strategies that are grounded on detailed study, examination and assessment of the sectional market. He/she investigates, studies, examines and assesses the contending merchandising atmosphere.
A marketing head also notices the risks, dangers and workable merchandising possibilities and scopes, and adopts and implements necessary measures as and when needed. He/she makes sure that the quality of the particular selling brand names and gross revenues enhances and that the number of the same intensifies as time goes by.
He/she has the following key roles, job responsibilities and duties that he/she executes on a regular basis:
- Investigating, studying and examining the merchandising activities that are executed in his/her company.
- Enhancing, administrating and enforcing the imaginative, functional and efficient marketing programs and strategies every year for his/her company, alongside the series of merchandising plans, monetary funds and programs.
- Making sure that his/her merchandising and selling strategies and programs are inclusive of the key elements of modern marketing.
- Dominating and administrating the merchandising monetary funds in order to make them functional and formulating and handing over the entire arrangement of publicity packaging and promotional material crusades to the managing director of his/her company.
- Administrating and directing the observance of publicity packaging and promotional material crusades.
- Updating himself/herself with the recent advancements in the field of merchandising and getting acquainted with the new selling trends in order to ensure that he/she takes the necessary actions in accordance with the situations
- Examining and covering the important issues and making sure that he/she collaborates with the company's section of belongings in order to uphold the utmost and soaring traditions and honour of the company.
- Agreeing with all the plans, programs, methodical strategies and modulatory standards of the company.
- Connecting with all the sections of the company, interacting with them about the various activities executed in the same and taking suggestions from them, if and as the situations demand.
- Executing the jobs and responsibilities of a marketing director and developing various procedures and methods of publicizing and promoting the commodities produced and services delivered by the company.
- Documenting and modifying the printing press agreements and contracts and organizing the interactions of important staff members with the media.
- Delivering the exact message of the company to the people outside and showing them the interesting qualities of the same.
- Collaborating with the publicity and packaging section of the company and fixing the costs of the commodities produced by his/her company and services delivered by the same.
- Studying the business marketing relation activities of his/her company and updating himself/herself with the current and existing merchandising styles.
- Making sure that the media and people outside the company are familiar with the active, up-to-the-minute and current company advancements and enhancements.
- Placing, instructing, firing, administrating and directing the working personnel of the company.
- Playing the role of the representative of the company and completing the required job roles.
- Aiding and making way for the advancement of marketing strategies and programs and enforcing the same in his/her company.
- Assisting the escalation of territorial merchandising monetary funds and finances.
- Helping the lawyers with organizing and arranging programs for customer ceremonies.
- Giving instructions for possible customer interactions, conferences and seminars.
- Enhancing and overseeing the selling information base and supervising regular merchandising activities.
- Forming a strong merchandising unit for his/her company in order to enhance the profits of the same.
- Aiding the trade and merchandising units of his/her company in achieving their targets and blending the selling unit with the overall unit of the company in order to perfect and stabilize the services provided by the same.
- Deciding on client concentrated areas and regions and making sure that the commodities delivered by the company adhere to the time frame.
- Designing and creating business merchandising ethics and morals, making sure that they are enforced in the company and comprehending active clients.
- Completing all other jobs, duties, roles and responsibilities of a head of marketing that fit into his/her domain.
Qualifications and Skills Required
A head of marketing should be a bachelor of marketing, finance, advertizing, public relations or a similar branch. He/she can have a bachelor's degree in business administration or business management while majoring in the respective related branches. A master's degree in the same subjects could fetch him/her a job with a reputed company, as a marketing head or marketing director. The candidate works in a low marketing position initially and then slowly graduates to the level of a marketing director or a head of marketing after many years.
After attaining this post, his/her main duties lie with the ones mentioned above and supervising. A head of marketing should have some skills apart from the above mentioned qualifications, in order to execute the same job responsibilities. He/she should possess strong examining and resolving skills. He/she also needs to be disciplined and positively self-assured. Finally, he/she should also have good initiative and motivational skills and his/her behavior should be formal and polite. Having good interacting skills would prove to be a bonus to the organization that hires him/her.
A head of marketing usually works for extended and unconventional hours. He/she works for around 40 hours or more in a week. His/her daily work plans differ with respect to time and he/she undergoes a lot of stress and many issues while working. He/she has to work extra extended hours in order to meet the marketing objectives of his/her company.
A head of marketing usually earns about or more than USD 138, 470 every year on a median basis. But his salary varies from one company to another and from place to place.
Thus, the head of marketing responsibilities include analyzing the marketing activities of his/her company and promoting the commodities produced by the same.