Head Teller Responsibilities
The head teller responsibilities include working in a bank, maintaining the money container and overseeing the affairs of the latter. He/she brings equilibrium among various money containers and performs money or currency analysis. He/she also considers the cash notes very carefully and this is one of his/her key responsibilities and duties. He/she administrates and directs other tellers and equalizes their working conditions by looking for more or less money. This usually happens in case the tellers under him/her do not maintain equilibrium.
He/she inspires the tellers and makes sure that they achieve their bank aims and targets. A head teller also instructs the others on how to execute money container undertakings and functions. He/she advises them on providing one of the best and superior client services. He/she interacts with the clients, administrators and tellers on a regular basis and executes effective client services. A head teller refills the machine-driven teller devices and transports cash to the bank locker.
A head teller performs the following key duties and executes the following job responsibilities:
- Examining the bank locker, alongside one more worker or associate.
- Supervising the bank's daily financial dealings and overseeing the mangement of international and trade currencies.
- Confirming the sum total of 'on the job' payment for the money containers of the tellers under him/her.
- Formulating and organizing various project plans and programs for the tellers.
- Opening the bank locker and making sure that the money and currency equilibrium maintained there is correct and exact.
- Supervising and manging the movement or transfer of money and currency to and from the national and governing reserve.
- Executing his/her roles and duties with stability and devotion that help other bank personnel to work at a superior level.
- Elevating the contentment level of the clients and taking all the money or currency notes into equal consideration.
- Observing and counting each money note very carefully and not missing it out.
- Heading other tellers, showing them the way to success and handling the abundance and scarcity of proportions.
- Developing and unfolding fresh audit accounts and executing 'retraction' and 'down payment' operations.
- Executing tasks properly according to the plans and programs of the bank and finishing them on time.
- Estimating the requirements of the customers via customer interactions.
- Making sure that he/she agrees with all the rules and regulations of safety by upholding marginal or minor adoptive measures of teller payment.
- Communicating with the administration of the bank in order to remain updated about the active bank steps-up and enhancements.
- Assisting the tellers with intricate and complicated fiscal dealings
- Obeying the rules, policies and regulations of equilibrium while considering each and every money note, carefully and equating the allocated payment and task undertakings.
- Making sure that the tellers are in complete agreement with the accounts, depository financial institution and modulatory principles.
- Making sure that the tellers exhibit excellent client services and informing them about various commodities.
- Strategizing and planning functional and running task shifts and sets-up of the tellers in order to assure division reporting.
- Analyzing and examining the traveler's written accounts, depository financial institution checks and monetary system requests.
- Participating in conferences and publicity crusades to step-up the gross revenues and bank work activities of the fiscal centre.
- Executing all other roles and responsibilities that suit him/her and lie within his/her domain.
Qualifications and Skills Required
A bank head teller should have a bachelor's degree in finance or accounts or in a relative field. He/she can also pursue a master's degree in the same field and rise to good and respectable positions in the future. He/she should be very patient and calm and should execute his/her roles very carefully. If he/she makes a mistake, other people in the bank are bound to suffer and this gives rise to confusion. Apart from possessing all these qualifications and skills, he/she should also be very observant and should have good calculating skills.
A head teller works in a bank and has to be very careful while counting cash. He/she works for about eight hours daily and six days a week. He/she generally has a half day on Saturdays. He/she gets many holidays. He/she remains surrounded by currency notes and other bank associates.
A head teller draws about USD 31, 000 per year on a median basis.
Thus, the head teller responsibilities include counting cash and administrating other tellers while executing the bank activities.