Account Sales Manager Responsibilities
Everyone who looks for a job wishes to know about the job profile of the job opening. It not only prepares you for the interview but gives you a fair idea of the things that you will have to do. On the basis of the account sales manager responsibilities one can also have an idea of the skills and qualifications required and expected by the employer.
The sales section of any company is one of the most important and looked after departments. The entire business runs on sales only, the percentage of profit, the growth opportunity of the company and the employers depend on the sales of a company. The account sales manager is the one who manages everything starting from hiring people to putting them in the appropriate teams.
Duties of Account Sales Manager
Demo for Employees
- Managers are considered as leaders and as good leaders they are supposed to conduct training sessions, prepare presentations; give detailed, relevant information to the teams, other employees for understanding the business and working system and style well
Mediator for Senior Management
- Account sales manager responsibilities include giving reports of performances and progress to the board of directors
- Recommend the employees for different projects and for appraisals too
- Suggest strategies and negotiate with the board of directors as well as the clients about the proposed policy
Accounts Set Up
- Account sales managers are the key persons in designing and organizing the accounts details, i.e., making of new accounts, the eligibility criteria, the terms and conditions, etc.
The manager also takes care of the customers and clients of their company's accounts. He or she assigns a team for following up with the old and loyal customers.
- Delegation of tasks is something that is entirely up to the discretion of the account sales manager. It is he or she who has the capability of deciding whom to assign which work. This is not because of the hierarchy, but for the fact he or she knows the system and the employees well to decide who fits in properly in different profiles
- Account sales manager responsibilities include the setting up of the links between the teams in the organization, their different roles and function, the rules and regulations too can be changed or altered by the manager
- The appraisals and professional appreciation of one's work is in the manager's hands
- The schedule, things-to-be-included in the training of newcomers and new joiners are supervised by the account sales manager
- Last but not the least, they are responsible for maintaining the policies set by the management and implement necessary regulations
- They are meant to exercise control on the activities happening in the organization
- Take care of any kind of problems within the organization and bring things back to normalcy
- The customer care functions only on the guidelines of the account sales manager. The kind of communication, promotion of products and after sales services depend on the instructions of account sales manager
- Maintaining communication is one of the most essential duties of an account sales manager. Keeping the old clients in the loop of what is happening in the services front is crucial to stay in the competition and to retain them
- It is the account sales manager's duty to keep a tab on the daily and monthly targets of all the teams. Detect the problem areas, or find out the reasons for some team lagging behind. Help them with the solutions or change few things in favor of them.
Skills for Account Sales Manager
These professionals are expected to be very energetic, social and diplomatic as well. The educational qualifications do not matter to the extent of getting disqualified for this position, because the soft skills and enthusiasm for this job matters more.
People with good communication skills do well. Leader like personality who can provide constant motivation and encouragement are ideal for becoming good account sales manages. Having an analytical bent of mind is helpful, flexible attitude; decision making, etc. are needed for handling this job profile.
Thus, it all depends on your level of interest and handling pressure in this highly competitive arena of the aggressive market. If you think you have these in you then can handle the account sales manager responsibilities pretty well.