Field Operations Supervisor Responsibilities
- Job Descriptions
- Field Operations Supervisor Job Descriptions
The field operations supervisor is a position that is almost seen in every type of industry, be it construction, water management, etc. Field operations supervisor responsibilities in general include planning, coordinating, directing, and managing the daily activities of the assigned work by supervising the staff members. Thus, it is important that these duties should be carried out efficiently, so that the business runs smoothly and effectively, leading to better profits.
Key Responsibilities of a Field Operations Supervisor
The role and responsibilities of the field operations supervisors differ depending on the type of industry they are employed in and the level of responsibilities that need to be handled by them. They make efforts to develop the operational policies and regulations that will further lead to increased sales and business. To get your doubts cleared, here is a short description of the various responsibilities that need to be handled by the field operations supervisor in different fields:
Field Operations Supervisor in Environmental Field:
- He/she is responsible for the overall supervision and training of the staff members to provide the necessary guidance.
- He/she coordinates the field activities so that daily, short term, and long term production objectives can be achieved and also closely monitors the progress of the work.
- He/she studies what equipment is necessary for effective field operation and assists in its procurement and makes sure that it is as per the given specifications.
- He/she may also be involved in the recruitment process, reviewing and evaluating the performance of the subordinates and he/she also makes sure that discipline is being followed on the field.
Field Operations Supervisor in Construction Field:
- He/she ensures that the construction site is safe and trains the supporting staff members on the operation of the equipment safety procedures and provides an insight into the company's policies.
- He/she studies the blueprints to determine the requirements and delegates the work according to priority.
- He/she figures out the estimates for the material needed as well as the labor requirement.
- He/she ensures that the project construction work is carried out as per the assigned schedule and resolves all the construction problems on the spot, so as to improve the productivity.
- He/she keeps records of the relevant production and construction data in the form of reports and provides a constructive feedback to the employees by providing solutions to improve efficiency
Field Operations Manager in Waste Water Management:
- As per the directions given, the field operations manager plans, schedules, and supervises the operation, maintenance, repair of pump stations, sewage lines, treatment facilities, and other related machinery and equipment.
- He/she supports and ensures compliance with the collection and water system management.
- He/she coordinates with the staff members and assists them in planning, training, budgeting, and conflict resolutions.
- He/she recommends changes for improvements, designs budget, and closely monitors the expenditures. He/she ensures that all the safety rules and regulations have been followed.
- He/she collects and analyzes the data for future research and investigative purposes.
- A field operations manager should have a basic understanding of management and organizational skills with an ability to supervise and lead the team to achieve the goals and objectives of the organization.
- He/she should be able to plan the work according to the priority standards, so that it is completed within the established budget and given time.
- He/she must be able to incorporate team participation and involve them in decision making.
- He/she must be comfortable handling and analyzing statistical data and records, and prepare the relevant reports.
- He/she should have effective communication skills with a vision to develop innovative plans to ensure better productivity.
To make an entry as a field operations manager, one should have a high school diploma or a bachelor's degree in business management or administration, or should have completed some kind of training in a relevant field. Previous work experience in a supervisory position or some field operations experience will assist you in getting the job more easily.
The work of the field operations supervisor may be physically strenuous, as he/she may need to stand for long hours on the field while carrying out his/her supervisory functions. He/she may need to work overtime, in case a project needs to completed within the given time limit.
The average annual salary of a field operations supervisor varies in the range of $48,000 to $70,000. The factors which determine the final salary package are the skills, educational background, and relevant work experience.
There are many jobs available for this particular post in almost every type of industry. However, only those who have demonstrated their work abilities and carried out their assigned work effectively will succeed and climb up the ladder of success and get promoted to higher managerial positions.
Thus, you are now well aware of the various field operations supervisor responsibilities that need to be carried out and the requisite qualifications and skills needed to ensure a lucrative career ahead.
Related Job Description
Field Service Manager Job Description