Nonprofit Director Resume
A nonprofit director manages the overall operations of a nonprofit organization. His or her role is similar to that of a CEO (Chief Executive Officer) working with a profit-making company.
Even the responsibilities of these positions for both types of organizations are common. However, depending on the type nonprofit organization, the duties of the nonprofit director will vary.
What defines the responsibilities of these directors is the mission statement of the organization. In any case, the daily task would be to supervise staff members and programs, including policy building and implementation.
A resume for this position must have the skill-set required for achieving the organization's goals. It must produce a picture of the candidate more inclined towards the community development rather than making profit.
There must be sufficient evidence to show that the applicant has handled available resources effectively. Have a look at this sample resume to show your qualities.
Kelly B. Kang
1926 Oral Lake Road
Wayzata, MN 55391
A result-driven and compassionate professional seeking a nonprofit director position with an organization inclined towards the growth and development of the community.
Summary of Skills:
- Able to determine the mission and purpose of the organization
- Impressive communication and management skills
- Ability for selecting executive staff through an appropriate process
- Able to provide ongoing support and guidance for executive
- Expert in working with computers and accounting software
- Skilled in drafting presentations, reports and public speaking
- Extraordinary supervising and fundraising skills
- Adept in strategic planning and budgeting
- Familiar with the state and federal regulations chalked out for nonprofit organization
Remedy International, Wayzata, MN
2012 - present
- Responsible for supervising service programs and daily operations of the organization
- Training staff members, developing programs, soliciting funds and assisting the board of directors in budget preparation
- Overseeing the annual fund-raising events
- Planning and reaching to remote places for providing medical help
- Making optimal utilization of the available resources
- Keeping records of the entire charity programs run by the organization
- Formulating and working on plan for fund-raising
- Spreading awareness on importance of maintaining hygienic environment
Arrow County Senior Services, Wayzata, MN
2009 - 2012
- Conducted health and hearing screenings for seniors
- Hired and trained employees for community services
- Managed budget and volunteering activities
- Developed and disseminated free health magazines to people
- Arranged community meetings and delivered speeches on medical science inventions
- Handled fundraising and publicity events for the organization
- Researched potential organizations and received donations
- Created strategic plans for fund development and increasing numbers of events in a year
- Organized numerous educational events for the community
Bachelor's Degree in Public Health Management
Covenant College, Wayzata, MN
Available upon request.