Mortgage Loan Officer Resume
Mortgage loan officers work with people who want to buy houses or other real estate or get new real estate loans for property they already own either for extension or renovation. They typically work on commission. As such, the job comes with a certain amount of risk. When the rates drop, the money can be easy. But when rates rise, the demand for loans drops and only the best closers are retained.
These officers usually work for a mortgage broker, a mortgage banker or a financial institution, such as a bank or credit union. Most brokerage loan officers are commission-only salespeople. Larger mortgage banks and financial institutions sometimes have salaried loan officers who earn smaller commissions on a per-loan basis.
Mortgage Loan Officer Resume Template
Charles L. Johnson
3513 Davis Street
Athens, GA 30606
To obtain a mortgage loan officer position with “ABCL Bank,” and handle loan-lending and loan-collecting activities for the institution.
Summary of Skills:
- Strong work experience in mortgage banking and loan lending environment
- Excellent report drafting and communication skills
- Skilled in negotiating loans and interest rates with customers
- Ability to disburse loans to the needy and collect loans from defaulters
- Adept at working with mortgage loan software applications
- Matured and professional in building and gaining trust of customers
Mortgage Loan Officer
City Bank, Athens, GA
October 2015 - Present
- Meeting with prospective as well as current clients to develop information pertaining to their lending needs.
- Participating in an aggressive business development program's establishments and maintenance for developing profitable bank relationships.
- Helping in lending activity coordination through direct connection with loan department.
- Representing the bank and providing leadership in key community activities involving civic, charitable, business and social organizations to maintain an appropriate responsible citizen stature for the bank.
- Determining various credit needs of bank's market area through several business and community functions to ensure that the objectives of Community
- Reinvestment (CRA) are being met.
- Analyzing and implementing federal and state guidelines in the mortgage loan products
Asst. Mortgage Loan Officer
XYZ Bank, Athens, GA
February 2012 - September 2015
- Promoted business by developing relationships with new and existing realtors, borrowers and builders.
- Advised loc-in-policy borrowers and ensured that loc requests were completed properly.
- Pre-qualified and interviewed potential borrowers.
- Provided information to borrowers and related parties about loan options, documents, market conditions and other requirements necessary to close the loan.
- Helped operations personnel in processing and closing loans.
- Analyzed and reviewed new loan guidelines, updates, programs and changes.
Bachelor’s Degree in Economics
ABC University, Athens, GA