Conservation Officer Resume
- Agriculture Resume
- Sample Conservation Officer Resume
Conservation Officers are the ones who maintain laws and regulations related to wildlife and environmental conservation. They are also referred by other names like fish and game wardens, wildlife officers or troopers, and environmental technicians. Working to save and protect the wildlife and nature is a passion for many people, and considering to pursue career in this field will give you plenty of opportunities for that. Along with the passion for protecting wildlife, you should also have some relevant skills and experience. Your resume should highlight them in such a way that it will help you land the job easily. For a clear idea on drafting an eye-catching conservation officer resume, consider this resume sample.
Sample of Conservation Officer Resume
1026 S Broadway
Los Angeles, California 90015
Searching for a job as a conservation officer with US Ecology Inc. where I can use my skills and experience in protecting fish and wildlife, patrolling outdoors, and curbing poaching.
Summary of Skills:
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to educate people and raise awareness about environmental and wildlife issues, and game law
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills related to wildlife issues or potential conservation threats, like habitat loss, human-wildlife conflict, invasive species, etc.
- Good knowledge and experience of environmental, natural resources, and wildlife conservation principles, techniques and practices
- Ability to handle abused or ill animals, patrol dangerous places, and confront armed suspects for violating fishing law, etc.
- High organizational and time management skills to set or prioritize goals
- Effective decision making skills under stressful and tough conditions
- Knowledge of wildlife analysis with abilities to use GIS and remote sensing techniques
- Strong attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
The Nature Conservancy, Los Angeles, CA
September 2016 - Present
- Patrolling assigned areas to detect, investigate, and control game law violations
- Checking licenses and permits of hunters, anglers, and park visitors
- Collecting and compiling data and biological activities for wildlife management strategies and resolving wildlife issues
- Enforcing game and fish laws and other wildlife related regulations
- Conducting environmental health education within the local community as assigned by the department
- Operating and maintaining snowmobiles, boats and patrol vehicles
- Enforcing safety regulations for hunting and fishing parties
National Audubon Society, Los Angeles, CA
June 2014 - August 2016
- Enforced laws, rules and orders relating to wildlife, environmental protection, and public safety
- Arrested violators of game law and presented them in the court
- Provided assistance and support to other law enforcement agencies
- Conducted various inspections and surveys for collecting data, and maintained reports on wildlife and environmental changes
- Presented accurate data and reports to the Principal Planning Officer, and worked alongside with Senior Conservation Officer to optimize wildlife protection programs
- Planned and supervised long-term wildlife and environment conservation projects and programs.
Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science
University of California, Los Angeles, CA